Saturday 22 January 2011

The weekend is here.............................

It’s been a long week this week with one thing and another so I’m glad we are at the weekend, no PT session but we need to do Ben’s physio ourselves.
Ben had a reasonable night – it took him a while to settle, his muscles seem to cause him a lot of discomfort and it has been taking us a wait to settle him.  He does not even like the America medicine & we have run out of calpol so trying to give him pain relief is hard.
So as morning arrives we get a small lie in, then the decision what we will do today? – The decision, not a lot.  Ben is still really wiped out after Thursday operation and to be fair we all are.  So Damo & Jakey make croissants for breakfast followed by brownies!!! We are in America don’t you know...  The Damo goes off to the gym on his return I go as I have not been for nearly a week!  & as my lovely sister has in my absence signed me up for 2 races this year I better get a move on.  A good 40 minutes later I was shattered but feel good.
Lunch was a short trip downstairs to the St Louis Bakery, the boys seem to be getting use to this sort of lunch I hope they don’t expect it when we get home, it will be back to baked beans on toast.
We had decided that Damo should take Jacob off for an hour or so to try and get rid of some of his energy and also allowing me to do Ben physio in peace.  So they got all togged up ready for some fun in the snow in Forest Park & off they went. 


Ben was really good about this I know it must be hard for him to see Jacob go off and have fun and him to be staying with me to do physio, but he realising now that he has to put the effort in to see results & also we are using good old fashion bribery – money, it always works.











So we did a few sit to stands & straight away I could see and feel an improvement from yesterday, he was leaning less on me and using his own muscles to stand up tall.  He really does look tall, I know I am kneeling but he is so tall.  We made a few skype calls back home & before we knew it the boys were back full of tales of their park adventure.  Jacob was full of all the things he had seen and done, it so lovely to see him like that as he has had to just sit & wait alot of the time recently so he obviously enjoyed it greatly.
As I write this Ben has just AGAIN crawled into the bedroom.  He has managed to get off the sofa and the crawl into our room, I tell his amazing.  Then he manages to crawl to the bathroom & go to the toilet all by himself!!! I don’t believe my eyes, he is trying so hard – proud as punch does not do it justice.
Well the evening was just a quiet one watching TV playing games & tracking Evan & his family (http://evansbigjourney.webs.com/) fly in for their amazing journey to begin.

This was actually taken yesterday but thought you might like to see it anyway!

Charlotte xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment