Saturday 29 January 2011

New Trainers For Ben......

The main aim for today was to find Ben some new trainers as now we have his new splints all sorted his shoes no longer fit.  This you would think is an easy job in America the land of trainers but unless you want high tops or girly flashing ones you will struggle.
We spent the morning chilling, I still not make it to the gym – I am going to regret this when I return home, ouch!!!!
Anyway we caught up with Auntie Em & my gorgeous nephews who were more bothered about seeing Ben then me, what’s that all about!!! Then a quick breakfast & off to find trainers.  We had decided to try ANOTHER mall to see if they had more to choose from. 
I have to say Damo is getting really use to the America way of driving, I hope he can change back to UK driving as soon as we get home...
So we headed down the I-64 to the Chesterfield Mall, the boys were chatting away in the car as usual singing along to radio 1 – thank god for Sirius Radio in the car is all I can say.
Well another day another mall, but we had a mission trainer were to be found.  Well believe it or not the first shop we tried had some – Ben liked them & more importantly they fit (UK size 4.5!!!) Ben was so cuffed at the chap in the shop said they were new out and this was the first pair they had sold.  As we cam e in Jacob spotted a Trampoline/Elastic thing he wanted to go one, using his pocket money & Ben spotted the Carousel that he fancied a go on.  I tell you these American Malls have everything. 



















So after a spot of lunch ( which may have been the wrong thing to do) then off to have some fun – first Ben had a go on the Carousel – He loved it, then Jacob the Acrobat had his go, one of the funnies things I have seen for a long time.  Then the plotting boys decided one last go on the Carousel together – which was a HUGE mistake........
The thing they choose was a spinning cup; I bet you can tell where I’m going with this.... Ben came off looking green!!!!  Jacob had been spinning the cup really really fast and Ben had banged his back on the side of the cup – it was time to go home.  I sat with Ben the whole time with a bag at the ready.  Man he looked so ill, I was a little worried that he had done some real damage to his back but Damo assured me he was just tired & a little dizzy from the ride.  Lucky it was only about a 30 minute drive home.  Once home Ben went for a lie down as we had been invited to watch Nernix High Schools basketball team play a game this evening, one of their coaches is Ben’s PT Erica. 
After about an hour we woke him got sorted & headed out to the game.  It did not take us long to get there as we are now getting very familiar with the area and roughly knew where we were going.
We spotted Erica when we arrived but knew she was busy with her team, so we found some seat & watched.  To say they were 16/17 year olds (girls I might add) they were amazing, grated I’m not the oracle on all things basketball – Damo was also impressed.  Unfortunately they lost but we all enjoyed our first American High School game.
So it was off back home for tea & bed, who knows what will happen tomorrow.



Charlotte xx

PS - For those who are interested I Have been reliably informed that Calendar News will be showing our story on Tues 8th, Wed 9th, Thurs 10th & Fri 11th Feb!! Yes 4 parts & hopefully I will be able to put it on the website for those who do not live in the Yorkshire area....

No comments:

Post a Comment