Thursday 27 January 2011

3 Weeks/1 Week Post Op........

Today we had no reason to rush, not that we really rush anywhere over here.  It took me ages to get motivated today as PT was not till 1pm, the morning just drifted by.  But it was a mad rush to get ready as we left it to the last minute to get lunch sorted for the boys. 
We all went today but as soon as we arrived Damo took Jacob off as he just can’t manage to stay till & Ben finds him a distraction.   








Look one handed!!!



Ben started off really well on the treadmill but soon lost focus & was messing around, he did manage 15 minutes and to be fair it was really good walking.  Next we went into the other room for a little Total Gym again he asked Erica to raise the level & she did.  He did really well.  The next few exercises were new ones the first was walking along a line on the floor & stepping over small cones – Ben again did really well.  Next came a step, Ben had to walk over the step placing on foot on top and then the other on the other side, Ben found this hard but did a few really well.  Erica had promised that if Ben did all his exercises he could dribbled the basketball in the chair (he loves this).  As Erica & I chatted about a few things then Ben was about to stand up with Erica’s help when I said ‘ Stand up without our help & I’ll give you $50’ I was not expecting him to do it, yes try but not actually do it. 
Well he only did it – yes he had to focus and try really hard but he did it, as I was kneeling in front of him, he had his arms around my neck he said ‘move back a little mummy’ then he let go and took 2 steps, I looked at Erica her face said it all, I looked at Ben and yes I cried.  I tell you Ben has such inner strength just when you think he has no more to give he pulls it out of the bag, to say we are proud is an understatement.
Ben walker with his walker all the way out to the waiting room to tell Damo & Jacob, Erica said Ben’s homework was to practice standing from  chair 5 times before meeting Dr Park tomorrow for the final time.
We also checked (by the powers of Facebook) how Evan was doing after his SDR today, by all accounts he was doing great.


The afternoon was nothing special a bit of food & some shopping.  I decided to make shepherd’s pie for tea, it took a while to find all the items but we managed and it tasted not bad, if a little salty.
Tomorrow is a special day in quite a few ways – but I will wait till tomorrow’s blog to fill you in. 

Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment