Saturday 4 June 2011

A Rollercoaster Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday 15th May
Today the boys were coming to watch me rum my first 10K of the year.  It was at Newby Hall for a charity very close to us, Cystic Fibrosis, my best friend’s gorgeous son Robbie has CF and this was my first event for them and to top it off I was running with my best friend Kath.  Well it was a wet & windy day but I managed a very respectful 1 hour on the dot.  So after freezing in the outdoor the boys were pleased when we stopped at a fun play zone for them on the way home. It was a lovely day just a shame the weather was so horrid – next year Ben want to run the 2k children’s’ fun run – Watch this space...

Monday 16th May
Ben seemed very quiet and had dark circles under his eye – I feel he is going to struggle this week.  But with everyday we get on & do.  After school Ben knew we were going on the treadmill as we had both made a packed that we would try to use it every other day to build up his stamina and strength.  Also this week school had made to decision to only let Ben use his walker at play times & PE the rest of the time it was sticks all the way!  Ben was not happy about this but I reminded him when we decided not to send his wheelchair to school he reacted the same and only a week later he had got use to it and had forgotten to be fair he has not used his wheelchair in weeks!!!
The treadmill session was brief 5 mins then a rest then another 5 mins; he did say his feet were hurting from all the walking at school so we will easy him back into the treadmill.  He seemed pleased afterwards but need a chill out as it takes so much concentration as well as strength to walk. 



Tuesday 17th May
Well Ben seemed a perkier today – let’s hope it lasts!  He was still walking with his left foot turned out and needed lots of reminding to keep it pointing forward.  I didn’t know if he has grown again as he eating me out of house & home.  Physio went really well he worked so hard for Jane – I even hear laughing at some point!!  He seems to realise how all the physio is helping him to achieve his wish to walk....



Wednesday 18th May
When Ben got off the bus today the first think he said to me that his left hamstring had been hurting since morning break and asked if we could do some stretches when we got in and what’s more he said he didn’t want to go to Basketball – which is a first!   So we stretched his hamstring which felt a little tight but not much, we tried 5 minutes on the treadmill and at Ben’s request’ NO SPLINTS’ he coped with the time but was tried at the end so I didn’t push him as I knew it was his second session at the gym tomorrow.  We had a quiet evening getting everything ready for Jacob’s birthday tomorrow.



Thursday 19th May ~ Jacob 7th Birthday
Both boys were very excited today – well whenever it’s anyone’s birthday they get a bit giddy.  Jacob was so happy today – he opened a few presents before school and saved the rest until after school.  I can’t believe how much he has grown up over the last year.  He has changed so much, I didn’t know if it anything to do with the fund raising and having all the media attention but he is no longer my shy little boy he’s full of confidence and character.  The evening was a lovely meal out with both sets of Grandparents to Pizza Express – Jacob love it as we all did.  Ben had a full on 50 minutes session at the gym and worked really hard Laura & I were very impressed the difference in one week was great to see, I hope he keeps his enthusiasm with all these sessions.









Friday 20th May
Well it the end of another busy week. At least we only have one week left till half term.  To say it’s only a 4 week term it’s been a busy one.  The boys are really excited about the extension getting nearer to being completed.  The rest of the evening was a quiet one – Ben seemed to be a little quiet tonight so relaxing & watching TV was in order.


Saturday 21st May
Well the usual Saturday antics Laura was arriving early so we had to be organised and sorted by 9am which was a struggle to say the least!  I made a deal with Ben I would go for a run while he was having physio and see who was more shattered at the end! It was of course me...  Ben seems to have settled into his routines now and as long as he knows what is happening each day he is more willing to do it, and also he needs to be feed and water before had.  It was my turn to take him to aqua therapy this week – Ben loves these sessions and get so much out of them.  Today I saw him dive to the bottom of the pool at kick his legs hard to get back up to the surface.

Charlotte XX

No comments:

Post a Comment