Saturday 4 June 2011

Arts Week!


Sunday 22nd May
It was an early start for me today as I was taking part in Skipton’s Race For Life.  This was my 7th Year and what’s more it was 5 year clear for my sister Em, a great way to celebrate with lots of special friends.  Jacob decided now would be a good time to get a tummy bug – NOT!!!  He’s not the best when he’s ill as most little one’s aren’t, and I was very conscious not to get to close to Ben, if Ben got it he would be really wiped out!.

Monday 23rd May ~ Art’s Week
Jacob was gutted that he could not go to school today as in his words ‘It’s the best week of the school year’ poor lad I felt really bad for him.  Ben arrived home full of exciting tales of what he had got up to at school but told me he was shattered and his feet hurt because other then playtimes he had used his sticks all day

Tuesday 24th May
Jacob was still not 100% so I kept him off 1 more day! By lunchtime my little ball of endless energy was back so school tomorrow Oh yes! Ben came home shattered again today the only down side to Arts week is that the children change class rooms for each activities so this means for Ben alot of walking with his sticks – so proud of him.


Wednesday 25th May
Ben was really really tired today so I was glad Anna had been to school and done his physio there as I didn’t think I would get much out of him today.  It was the AGM at Basketball tonight so he didn’t have that as well so an early night was required.  He has walked so much at school this week it is really taking it out of him but it’s build muscle strength & his stamina :o).










Thursday 26th May
Physio at the gym today – Ben was still excited to be going and Laura has said he is getting better.  I have been worried about Ben left leg turning out as he walks, but I have been told that is due to the lack of strength in his left hip ( the left has always been his worst side!) so we have been give extra exercises to practice to strengthen his hips.  I think we need to increase his treadmill sessions as well – this will give him the right walking pattern.

Friday 27th May
Tonight was Jacob’s birthday party so both boys were very excited as they each had a friend coming home after school until the party so 4 noisy boys in a half building site was hard to maintain at least the weather was go so they were outside.  Once Damo was home and Grandma Linda had arrived it was time to head off to Fun Planet for 2 hours of Laser Quest!!!! After 2 hours and 13 hot and tried boys it was all over for another year.  Jacob loved it so much I am really pleased it all went well.










Saturday 28th May
Ben woke up today full of cold and not feeling very well – Laura was not coming today and we decided to cancel his aqua therapy as well just in case.  So on today’s list of jobs to do was to find carpet & lino for Ben’s rooms!!!  He was allowed to choose it himself – would we live to regret that!!!
Ben chose a great carpet & lino and left the tiles to us!  The rest of the afternoon was just chilling catching up on housework & stuff.


Charlotte XX

No comments:

Post a Comment