Friday 24 June 2011

Half Term May 2011

May Half Term!

Sunday 29th May
Today the boys were spending the day with Grandma Steph & Grandad Richard, & a trip to Skipton Castle – Knights School!
They had a full on day learning all about Knights & their life, Ben walked the whole day (with his walker) and didn’t seem to be too tired when he came home.  Jacob was full of stories & tales of their day – were as Ben was just wiped out.  






Monday 30th May
Chilling day was in order for today as we were all shattered and need to just stay put and sort things out!  Plus the builders were here getting sorted as the room is now in the final stages of being finished – Ben can’t wait!!!  I can’t wait as well, just getting a little bit sick of the dust & mess but it will be so worth it!
I tried to Ben to go on the treadmill today but he was adamant that he really didn’t want to so I came up with the ideas of walking to Booth’s – about a mile there & back.  I did promise that the boys could walk back by themselves, well me 20 steps ahead of them.  Ben is desperate to be able to do things more by himself so I am trying in small step to do this for him as I do keep being reminded he is nearly 10!!!!!!!
Tuesday 31st May
Yet again to we have a houseful of men! So I was glad the weather was good so the boys could play out with the bonus of the Monkeys.   Jim & Jon came to play this morning so a little walk to the park was in order.  It’s so lovely to see all four boys together 

Wednesday 1st June
Today’s first job was physio at 9am early but we have to be up & sort as we have the builder in everyday!  So after that I gave in and we headed off to the movies to see Diary of a Whimpy Kid 2!  Don’t get me wrong I love going it just the price of it all – not much change from £50!!!  We all had a great time & really enjoyed the film.
Tonight was the first session of Wheelchair Rugby; Ben was so excited I thought he might burst! It was great to see everyone there and everyone in the same position not having played the game before.  Ben had a great time & could not wait till next week.  And what’s even better it starts and hour earlier so we get back at a reasonable time!!

Thursday 2nd June
Today’s job was hair cut time for the boys mop heads to be cut.  Again I had the same discussion as we do every time – ‘can I choose my style’ the reply ‘NO, not till you are at the grammar school’!!  So the usual trim and we were done for another couple of weeks!!  Then a walk around town was called for, as I didn’t have the car today Ben used his wheelchair the first time in a couple of months!!
Then back home for a few hours before Ben’s gym session at 3pm. Laura had asked him to walk between us but he became very angry and refused to do it mainly because there were so many people around and he was feeling self conscious.  He went off into the gym for his session & Jakey & I left him to it.  After an hour a rather hot & tired boy came out – he had worked hard but struggled on the treadmill, but I feel this is down to him finding it boring not that he can’t do it – So the iPod playlist will be created for next week.  That night Ben wore 2 Splints & Gaits! All night! So pleased!!

Friday 3rd June
At last Friday is here, it been a lovely week but hard as the weather has not been the best so the boys have not played out as much!  I needed to walk into town today to do a few jobs and because the sun was out we thought it would be a good idea to all walk even Ben.... Walking 1.5 miles!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment