Monday 16 May 2011

4 Months Post Op....................

Sunday 8th May

Well on today’s agenda ~ NOTHING!  The weather was ok so the boys were in & out all day and we just did the usual cleaning & tidying.  We did need to made a few decision about Ben’s bedroom & bathroom, lights, switches, sockets as the electrician & plumber were coming to sort them this week.  Ben is getting really excited about his room, Jacob however is not, he loves sharing his room with Ben and will really miss not having there anymore.
Monday 9th May

Another week is upon us, it’s also SAT’s week, and both boys had to do them, Ben were optional so only for his teachers to gage how well he’s doing.  Were as Jacob’s were his end of Key Stage 1 ones.  I made a conscious effort not to make too big a deal of them and just told them to try their best, that’s all I could ask for.  They both came home saying all had gone well and that was that well till tomorrow anyway.  Ben did seem tired today so we only managed 30 mins of exercises; I have decided not to push him too much when he’s like this as it’s never productive for either of us.

Tuesday 10th May

At lunch time I arrived home to a houseful of men! Builders, plumber & electricians.  After a quick chat I quickly left, dirt & dust everywhere & Damian was away in Birmingham & not home till late so I knew it would be me left to clean up & sort the boys.  Luckily Grandma Linda lives around the corner so physio was at her house today as a house full of men would be a HUGE distraction for Ben.  Ben worked hard during physio and even used the ‘peanut’ ball we have been meaning to bring round to our house. 


Wednesday 11th May

Today we did not have Anna as we have now had our 8 weeks of 2 sessions from the NHS so we are down to 1 a week now.  That means it’s over to me but at least he is getting 30/40 mins of exercises everyday at school.  By the time Ben got home he was shattered after a hard day at school with his SAT’s which he was finding hard work, as you can imagine so we kept physio to the basics and a few other stretches just to keep on top of it all.  We did not go to basketball this week as Ben was shattered and it took us a long time to sort out the mess from the builders & plumbers.  We had to deliveries today Ben’s bathroom suite & our wardrobe for our bedroom.

Thursday 12th May ~ Our 11th Wedding Anniversary!!

Today was an exciting day for Ben, after a discussion with Laura we needed to find somewhere for Ben to use more equipment ideally a gym.  In Ilkley we only really have one at the Tennis Club & I was pleasantly surprised when they agree that Ben could use it on a Thursday with Laura.  To say he was excited was an understatement, but he soon when quite.  Terry the gym instructor was great and I left Ben in their hands.  When I can back after an hour Ben was grinning from ear to ear but looks shattered.  Laura filled me in and noticed that he struggled with the treadmill – I did tell her that because it’s in the garage we have not used it as much but I understand we need to use it more.  Ben & I have made a deal that this week we will increase his time on it, as it is so important. I know I have let him down by not getting him to use it more but he walks so much all day at school I thought that would be enough....  

Friday 13th May ~ Spooky!!!

Well finally the end of a long week all of us are ready for a couple of days off.  The boys go to a group after school today so they did not need to be picked up until 4:15pm, which gave me just a bit more time to clean this house.  Ben was on good form when he came home full of stories and jokes ~ he really is getting quite witty of recent – well he makes me laugh!.  He had physio at school today to he was straight on the laptop.  The boys were staying at Grandma Linda’s as we were going to Leeds for a meal – the boys always wake up really early when they stay at Grandma’s I hope they don’t this time!

Saturday 14th May

There is no physio today as Laura is away to decided to go for a walk in town, this has been the first time in a while we have been into town.  Ben walked really well all round the shops.  We of course stopped for a quick hot chocolate & croissant to re-fuel.  I have noticed also that over the past couple of months Ben appetite has grown I can never fill him!  Then it was time to go to aqua therapy – it is the first time in a while I have taken him so I was interested to see how he is improving.  Wow, he was diving down to the bottom of the pool to collect weights and kicking his legs really well to get back up to the surface of the water – I was amazed! We also bought him his very own mask & snorkel - one happy boy!



Not the best quality photos but you get the idea!


Nearly another week over – I will try and post more videos next week promise!

Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment