Thursday 21 July 2011

AMAZING!!!!!!


I know I have only just blogged but sometimes there is a need and never more so then yesterday & today.
Yesterday the Educational Psychologist came to have a chat with Ben & I, as I was concerned about his state of mind and aggression towards me.  She was amazing listen to Ben asking him a few questions & then we had a chat.  She made everything so clear for me and even told me a few things that I didn’t know.  I now feel we can move forward and have a happier time at home especially as the summer is here.
After she left we only had a quick 20 mins to have tea, drop Jakey off at Grandma’s and get ready for Tag Rugby.  Ben as always got to the door and walked down the steps then he did this!!!!!!




He walked into the leisure centre (he usually goes in his chair) then he walked out and when we got home I stop the car half way down the road and he walked down the road and drive to show Damian when we got home.  I can’t quite believe that he has just decided that this is the time to walk, I am also hoping that he continues and grows in not only strength but confidence.
Today when I went to collect him from school, I went into school as usual to collect his crutches & sticks as it was the end of term – to my utter amazement his walker was also there.  Ben then arrived in the lift, with only a school bag.  He then took great pleasure in tell me he had walked all day with NOTHING and only used his walker a break times!!!! OMG I was in shock – he then told me to bring everything to the car and walked off out of the door.

This is a huge milestone for Ben, we are so very very proud of him & hope he continues this way

Charlotte xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment